Hug O' War

I will not play at tug o' war.
I'd rather play at hug o' war.
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.
Shel Silverstein

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Angels


Have you ever thought about angels? As a child I use to dream of seeing an angel, especially at night when the darkness was scariest. I would pray in my little heart that an angel would come to comfort me, often times I would fall peacefully to sleep with thoughts of angelic hosts filling my mind. Other times in my life I have felt the prescence of someone near when times were hard. Whether it be my guardian angel, a family member that has passed on, a child perhaps that will someday be mine, or just the loving words of a friend so dear, angels have been a great part of my life. They do not need to be seen to be felt. And they do not need to be unseen to do their work. Angels are around us everyday, helping us to push our personal handcarts across the wildnerness we must traverse. Many angels have come in the form of a well needed hug, smile, or listening ear. While others have come into my heart and soul walking near to help bear me up when I no longer have any strength left. I believe in angels, and I hope that I can be an angel among men to help bear others burdens and lighten a friends load.

1 comment:

Cyndy said...

I believe in angels too and have often been humbled by their presence in my life and the evidence they are of how truly I am known and loved by my God, my Heavenly Father.