Hug O' War

I will not play at tug o' war.
I'd rather play at hug o' war.
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs,
Where everyone giggles
And rolls on the rug,
Where everyone kisses,
And everyone grins,
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.
Shel Silverstein

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

When you've hit rock bottom

How many times in ones life will you hit the bottom of the barrel? Once, twice, no unfortuneately I think many times. We suffer for what and why? For nothing, no I pray obviously something. Something greater than you or I; something cosmic and divine.

I trudge through mud so deep I may drown and yet a voice says keep going, soon you will find higher ground. Will it come as promised or am I forgotten, left alone to despair? I try my hardest as much as I can but it seems like not enough I am still stuck in the ground. No place to go, no sense of direction; do I keep walking and hope I choose the right way or sit and wait for guidance and risk sinking deeper into this mud of mine?

Who do I turn to, who do I trust? When all I feel is alone and lost, unheard in my prayers, and unnoticed in my efforts. I murmur much it may seem, my faith is weak and I constantly call for saving. If I was stronger perhaps I could pull myself from the trap but my energy is spent and my reserves are no more. All I have left is to reach up my hand and pray that someone will take it.

With hope shattered it's hard to reclaim, my body wishes to stop. But my soul will not give in, she is eternal and will fight to the end, a spark of faith is all she needs and a foot will move forward across this vast plain. There is no sense of direction, no beacon to follow but bending an ear to hear His small voice. Friends and loved ones surround, I am not yet as Job. Blessings have come to those who wait patiently on the Lord. Hope must be regained so that my wings may fly.

1 comment:

Laurel Leaves said...

Neann, I never comment but I do read. I just view a lot of your deep thoughts as things to be pondered rather than chatted over.

Thanks for sharing this blog with me! And thanks for sharing your feelings, I know how hard that can be.

Love you!
Laurel Leaves